This Policy (together with our terms and conditions relating to use of our website (Terms) and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Act 2018 (Legislation) “personal data” about you is information you supply about yourself by way of enquiry forms, emails and phone calls, or information we can reasonably infer about you, or which we may collect from you automatically if you visit www.veritonpharma.com (Website) or any other information from which you can be identified directly or indirectly. In the appropriate context in our Policy, we use the word “information” to mean your personal data.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Legislation, the “controller” with respect to your personal data is Veriton Pharma Limited (Veriton Pharma) of Unit 16 Trade City, Avro Way, Brooklands Business Park, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0YF, United Kingdom. Our company registered number is 03305136.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following information about you. It may be anonymised and will not always constitute personal data:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by contacting us on our Website at www.veritonpharma.com to request information, or by corresponding with us by phone, messaging, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, as well as any financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Website we may automatically collect information that may include the Internet Protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, as well as information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or services we provide, which may include information we receive about you from sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies.
Using cookies helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve the Website.
Grounds for processing
When we collect and process your information, within the scope of the Legislation, we do so:
- where necessary, to perform any contract with you or to process your information at your request if you are going to enter into any contract with Veriton Pharma;
- where necessary, for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- where necessary, to enable you to comply with your legal obligations;
- where applicable, with your consent; and/or where necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our systems, our customers and users, detect or prevent fraud, or otherwise fulfil our other legitimate interests except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights.
Where we rely on your consent to process your information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you, for purposes permitted by our legitimate interests under the Legislation, in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
In order to perform a contract with you, or in pursuance of our legitimate interests, we reserve the right to share your information with appropriate third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- analytics and search engine providers such as Google Analytics and our webhosting company that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
On the basis of our legitimate interests or other applicable basis for processing personal data, we will disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Veriton Pharma or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about any of its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Terms;
- in order to enable you to gain access to any restricted part of the Website, to receive information which you have requested to be sent to you or for you to receive specified services;
- in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Veriton Pharma, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website or to us by email. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of your personal data
Veriton Pharma will not keep any personal data for longer than is necessary for the relevant purpose for which it was collected in the first place.
In any event, Veriton Pharma will retain material containing any personal data:
- if we are obliged to do so by law (and to the extent necessary);
- if it reasonably appears that he material in question could be relevant to ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- if it is necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Security of your personal data
Veriton Pharma takes all reasonable technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your personal data and prevent its loss or misuse. Our servers are password and firewall protected. However, you acknowledge that transmission of information through the internet can never be entirely secure so we can never give any absolute guarantee in this respect.
Data transfers abroad
We will not transfer your information to any third party outside the European Economic Area (and certain other countries which have adequate data protection laws in place) without putting in place adequate safeguards that will be appropriate to the specific country.
Under the Legislation, you have the following rights:
- to request access to your personal data (“data subject access request”). If you exercise a data subject access request, you will receive a copy of the information we hold about you so that you know what it is. You will be able to check that we are processing it lawfully;
- to request correction of the information we have about you. This enables you to correct any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide to us;
- to request erasure of your information. This is the so-called “right to be forgotten”. It enables you to ask us to delete or remove information where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing where we have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data in accordance with the Legislation. In some cases, we may not be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you at the time of your request;
- to object to the processing of your information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interest;
- to request restriction of processing of your personal data in instances where you want us first to establish the accuracy of the information or where the use of the information is unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it, or where you need us to hold the data, even if we no longer require it, as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have objected to our use of your information, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate interests to use it;
- to request the transfer of your information to you or to a third party if it is automated information. If you exercise this right, we will provide the information to you, or a third party as you nominate, in a structured and machine-readable format. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we use the information to perform a contract with you;
- to withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data (for example, for marketing purposes). This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services or information to you. If this is the case, we will advise you at the time you withdraw your consent.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may exercise your rights free of charge.
Right to complain
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues and further information may be obtained at www.ico.org.uk.
Links to other websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of appropriate third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our Website is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect or retain the personal data of anyone under this age.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes we make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Policy. Our Policy was last updated in July 2018.
Our Policy may be supplemented by additional privacy statements, contractual terms, or notices. Please check our Website to see if we have posted any further items of this nature if they are generally relevant.
How to contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding our Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com or by post to Veriton Pharma Limited, Unit 16 Trade City, Avro Way, Brooklands Business Park, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0YF.
© 2018 Veriton Pharma. All rights reserved